Simply cutting out fat isn’t going to melt away your body fat.
Cutting body fat has to do with all your food choices and cutting body fat has more to do with what you do eat, instead of what you don’t eat.
Thankfully, most of these foods are simple. Walnuts are full of Omega-3s, which blast fat. Spinach contains Magnesium and B vitamins which are important for metabolism function. Edamame is full of isoflavones that have been shown to reduce belly fat.
The easiest (and cheapest) fat blasting food, however, is a simple, crispy, delicious apple.
For about 11 cents per apple, you get a heap of fat burning benefits:
- Apples score a low 39 on the glycemic index, which means they provide steady energy which will keep your blood sugar and cravings in check.
- Apples are full of Pectin, a type of fiber that delays gastric emptying to keep you full longer.
- People currently enrolled in the Calorie study, a weight loss trial to see if calorie restriction can prolong life, have all been losing weight- and all eat an apple a day.
- Apples only contain 80 calories, and are thought to be a negative calorie food (you burn more calories digesting them, than are actually in the apple.)
- People who regularly eat apples are 21 percent less likely to have excess belly fat.
- The soluble fiber in apples can help reduce your cholesterol.