“It’s so hard to…”
“Can I just have one…”
“I always start out good, but…”
NOPE. Excuses. You have to set yourself up for success, which means eliminating all those little tiny things that get in the way of your goals- most of which you are probably putting in your own path. It’s time to get serious and fool proof your life.
- No candy dish on your desk at work.
- No soda, even in your cocktails.
- Don’t bring change with you- you’ll hit the vending machine the second hungry or boredom hits. Put it in a jar and save for smaller pants or a training session.
- Throw out the crap- everything. Clean it out of your cupboards, your drawers, your pantry and your fridge. You can’t eat it if it’s not there.
- Doggie bags never enter the house. This doesn’t mean clean your plate- give them to a friend or ‘forget’ them at the restaurant.
- Going out to eat is not a special occasion, so quit telling yourself it is.
- Never go to a place with a drive-thru, ever. Even if it’s to order something ‘healthy.’
- Prepare all your meals at home so you know exactly what goes in them.
- Only carry a basket when grocery shopping so you only grab the essentials- nothing extra.
- Double wrap left overs and stack things on top of them in the fridge so they are harder to get to.
- Put less than stellar foods up high and out of sight.
- Make a grocery list and only bring enough cash for those items.
- Buy individual servings of the snacks you serve your kids so you can’t use ‘just a bite’ as an excuse.
- Plan your meals and stick to them.
If it’s not there, you can’t slip up. It’s not magic that the food gets into your belly, so if you can’t handle it being around, don’t let it be around.