Fort Worth Personal Trainers: One SIMPLE Trick to Lose Weight (Don’t Buy It diet)
How often have you said “The exercise I can DO! It’s the eating right that gets me!”
Getting your eating on track is THE biggest struggle for most people.
And it may be for you too.
Whether you’ve never ate well, your game has just been off for a while, or even coming off weekends can be tough.
And not only to get back on track, but then stay on track.
One thing you CAN do to help yourself maintain focus and not get led into making bad food choices is to…
Create an environment where it’s harder or nearly impossible to make bad choices.
I fell onto this years ago when I’d do a nutrition coaching session.
My new client and I would go over the 100 BEST Foods You Can Eat list, and over their individualized grocery list.
I would tell them “The key to this is to go to the store and buy everything you need for the upcoming week, and nothing else”.
“Because if you go to the store and make great choices and also buy things NOT on the list you’re going to eat those too.”
“So don’t buy it!”
That’s the beauty of the “Don’t Buy it” Diet.
If you buy it you’ll eat it, and if you don’t it makes it harder to get to.
This helps you break the habit of going for those bad food choices, when you have more control over your environment.
And this may be the easiest and most powerful way to get and stay on track.. Invest into and control your environment.
Make it a place that’s easy to succeed.
I am able to stay on track I easier than you NOT because of my “incredible self discipline(I wish) or great health history.
It’s because my environment makes it easy to stay on track.
Here’s a few ways that I’ve found that support my Don’t Buy it Diet and maybe you can try a few as well…
( Special Thanks do Dustin Maher for putting my thoughts into words)
1) I don’t allow any processed foods into my home. I prescribe myself the don’t buy it diet because it works. And most fitness pro’s and successful lean for life people I know do also.
2) Keep it out of your workplace environment as much as possible. This is easy for me because at the gym it’s basically proteindrinks and a microwave to heat up whatever you bring in. For you it’s having a coupleof meal replacements stashed in your deskand fresh fruit in the kitchen.
3) Limit eating out as much as possible. This is easy for me because I eat out maybe once a week. Until you build some good health habits this environment can throw you. So limit it at least initially.
4) Don’t drink your calories. This means eliminating soft drinks, high calorie coffee, and “energy” drinks.
5) Surround yourself with mostly fit like and healthy people that are like minded about eating healthy and exercise. THIS is the big one and can make or break you.Anyone that gets excited when you start talking about farmers markets, best places to eat clean and Sunday meal prep.These are the people you want to be around.
Bottom line is your environment is a HUGE factor in your success.
So, follow the 5 guidelines above for best results and at the very least start with getting food you don’t want to eat out of your house.
Otherwise accept the fact you’re going to eat it eventually.
That’s how even the best diets go bad.
Bad choices, that were too easy to make.
So help yourself stay on track this week. Go home and clean out the pantry and refrigerator of any junk food you know isn’t moving you to your goals.
(This will be harder when you live with other people but it is possible to section off an area just for you.)
This requires some will power initially but it makes your day a lot easier down the road.
And then only buy healthy foods that are going to help you toward your goals.
Setting yourself up for success, by controlling your environment is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
Now you only have to take action..
It CAN Be done and YOU can do it!
P.s.Tired of “thinking about it” or”trying it on your own” and want a super fast and effective “See it in the mirror results” program that’ worked for thousands of people just like you…we can help.