Every minute spent in planning saves ten minutes in execution. You only have so much personal capital(Time+Energy) to invest in your Get Lean Get Toned–Goals. So you want to make the most of it.
Every minute that you spend setting clear goals, and creating a plan of action in advance saves ten minutes of work in the execution of those plans. That’s a return of ten times, or 1,000 percent, on your investment of energy/time. You’ll be more confident going into it having done this plan too.
Here are 7 steps to help you get the body you want in 2010. Give yourself 1 hour to do this. You’ll have 5840 waking hours available in the next year. This 1 hour can make all the difference in the other 5839.
1. Set Your Goal: Decide Exactly what you want to accomplish. Do you want to go from a size 14 to a 10? Lose 10, 20 or a 100 pounds? Get back into a certain pair of skinny jeans? The choice is all yours. But do pick one or two goals and make them measurable. “Lose weight” isn’t a goal. “Lose 10 pounds” is a measurable goal.
2. Write it Down: Yes. Physically write it down.. Before this it’s just a wish.
Writing it down makes it real and concrete. Study after study has proven the positive connection between writing down a goal and it’s accomplishment.
3. Set a Deadline: This is a forcing mechanism to get you into action. And more importantly KEEP you in action. Lot’s of people set a start time but leave the finish time open ended. Set this and hold yourself to it. Even if your goal is 15lbs in 4 weeks and you dump 11lbs in that time period. You’re still on target. And that’s a win in my book.
4. Make a List: Write down everything you could possibly do to get you to your goal. This is a brain dump and it should be fast. Don’t think or edit yourself. Just write and let it flow. Ex. 1. Clear pantry of junk food. 2. write down everything I eat this week 3. Exercise for a minimum of 30 min per day. Keep going until your brain is empty.
5. Organize Your List: This is your plan. Don’t try to it all in one week. Change one habit per week. Over a short amount of time you will see the effect of compound interest from your habit changes. The 80/20 Rule is in effect here. 80% of your results will come from 20% of this list.
6. Take Action Now: Motion beats meditation here. Get Started! Wake up re-write your goal and choose one thing from your plan to implement. Then do it. You have now started.
7. Do Something Everyday: If it’s important Do it Every Day! I’ve seen more weight loss success with food journaling than any other system or habit. And I believe it’s the “do it every day” factor. The awareness that creates of what goes into your mouth everyday has a huge positive impact on your behaviors. Make small daily investments in yourself. The Compounding interest of these investments will give you dramatic visible results in the mirror, your clothes and the scale in the coming weeks and months.
This does not have to be perfect! Perfect is the enemy of Done! Just get it Done.
You will amaze yourself. By what you see in the mirror. When you translate that dream in your head today. Into a goal. Into a plan. Into action. Into your reality tomorrow.
Dedicated to Your Success,
P.s. Rapid Results Fitness Camp Officially kicks off Monday! Fast Action-Fully Supported-Completely Guaranteed Results. My Camps are capped at 20 clients each. They are all filling fast. Don’t get left out. Talk to you later.