Out of town for the Holidays!
If you can’t tell from the pics above We (Tracy, Baby Girl, Gracie, and The Boy) traveled overnight to meet-up with family for Christmas.
Travel events to date.
1. Left an entire suitcase! in the car at DFW.
2. One Stuffed Dog left at luggage pick-up.
3. One GPS unit destroyed.(Don’t ask)
Not a bad start all and all.
What’s this have to do with fitness?
Well if you want to travel with small children. You better be in good shape . Because it’s Exhausting!
Seriously combine travel and the Holidays and you get all kinds of workout consistency problems.
I can give you a couple tips for pulling off flying and travel and not destroying your progress.
(Pro-Tip: plan where you’ll train before you leave town. Google your destination address and the word fitness or gym. That will give you the closest facilities available. Call ahead and get the details on visitor passes and holiday hours.)
1. For a flight, stock up on healthy snacks for the road. Air. Whatever. While you might love your airline pretzels, they aren’t going to hold you over for long.
2. Flying will dehydrate you. Carry an empty water bottle through security and fill it on the other side. Drink plenty of water. Pass on sodas, and especially alcohol(that’s for later), and opt for sparkling or regular water when the drink cart comes around.
3. Best tip is the simplest. Workout before you head to air port. Travel can be, even for the best prepared, stressful. Getting your workout in early can help you deal with airline stress, and help make your trip a smooth one. It will be one less thing to worry about. And you’ll have done at least one thing to preserve your health that day.
Here’s to your safe travel!
I Hope You All Have a Great Great Holiday!
Dedicated to Your Success,