The Ultimate Key to Success Is Your Ability To Motivate Yourself To Take Consistent Action And Change Your Habitual Behaviors
Your mind can do some amazing things to your body. Your beliefs, thoughts, and internal dialogue will have a profound effect on your fat-loss.
Here are my Top 10 Tips for getting your mind right to lose fat, fast.
1) There will never ever be a perfect time to start.
So start now.
2) Take control of your belief system.
You have to believe it will work or it won’t.
3) Write down your goals.
Set 3 short-term goals (achievable in 3-4 weeks) and 3 long-term goals (8-12 weeks, 6 months, 1 year). The 12-month goal should be just beyond realistic – so even if you fall short, you’ve crushed it.
4) Plan your success.
This is the process part – goals are your end point, but writing down the processes on paper will get you to your goals.
5) Put together a list of accountability partners.
Relying on your own will power is a bad idea that leads to a lot of struggle, failure and self-blame. There are 4 types of accountability in this game. They’re listed from weakest to strongest:
1) accountability to yourself
2) to your coach/trainer
3) to your training partners/fellow boot campers
4) to friends, family and the public (Biggest Loser anyone?)
– The more types of accountability you put in place, the higher your chances of success
6) There is no right diet.
The right diet is the eating plan you will STICK with.
7) Take measurements and photographs.
Denial and vague ideas are of no use in the process of achieving results.
8 ) Deadlines are one of the greatest inventions ever.
A deadline acts as a forcing mechanism. Forcing you to take to action even when you don’t feel like it, and you need that. So use them and stick to them (remember your short-term and long-term goals?).
9) Reward yourself for accomplishment.
Doesn’t have to be food, it can be anything that makes you happy.
10) Perseverance is your friend.
Never, ever give up. If it took you 10 years to get to your current weight, it may take more than 4 weeks to get it off. Expect occasional failures and setbacks, but once they’ve happened, pick yourself up and get focused back on your goals.